- To provide a safe and welcoming centre where the community feels comfortable to come and access the assistance they need.
- To provide comprehensive, relevant and easy-to-access community services to Acacia Ridge and districts via direct service provision or partnerships.
- To build the capacity of First Nations, culturally and linguistically diverse, and all local communities.
- To provide opportunities for community members to grow and engage in the broader community.
- To have happy, healthy and harmonious staff, volunteers, management committee and members.
Our food relief initiatives provide low income earners on Brisbane’s Southside a variety of general groceries every week. These range from general groceries to personal care items at a much lower cost than big chain supermarkets charge.
Affording basic food staples is not easy for many in our community. Our Food Co-op helps ease the pressure by providing low cost and high-quality food to people struggling with rising costs and low incomes.
Simply pay an annual membership fee to have access all year round.
Opening Hours: Tuesday to Thursday 9:00am – 12:00pm
Annual Membership Cost: $5.00
Our Emergency Relief program aims to help individuals and families who are experiencing acute financial crisis due to unexpected circumstances. We are currently able to deliver Emergency Relief support through providing fixed value vouchers for groceries and fuel.
Tuesday to Thursday
9.30am – 11.30am
Communify’s community worker is here to help you find the supports you need to address specific issues affecting your life. Connect with your Community Worker by appointment, or by dropping in to the Acacia Ridge Community Centre from 9am-2pm, Monday to Friday.
Our Community Worker can:
- Discuss your needs and aspirations
- Assist with you and your family’s specific needs
- Help you access services to meeting your needs, including things like training and employment, and access to a range of services including health, homelessness and disability.
Within budget constraints, the worker can also provide financial assistance to community members through Emergency Relief and other brokerage funding.
Our Community Support Worker can assist you if you are in a financially difficult situation.
We can assist you in getting job-ready to give you the best chance of securing a job.
Looking after your mental health is important to be able to cope with all other aspects of your life.
Contact or phone (07) 3277 4893
Community-based English language classes delivered from the Acacia Ridge Community Centre offer a vital opportunity for learners of all ages to practice their English and make connections in a safe, friendly and welcoming setting.
The classes also offer a vital platform for people to make new friends and build their networks. In many cases, the friendships participants make with each other and our volunteer teachers are their very first as they settle into the Australian community.
Our English classes are for anyone in the community who wishes to improve their English in a friendly conversational setting. Our classes are able to support people with levels of English ranging from beginner through to intermediate level.
When: Tuesdays 9 am – 11 am
Our Citizenship Test Classes support community members with their preparations to apply for Australian Citizenship. The program assists migrant settlers to develop their understanding of Australian history, culture, civics, rights, responsibilities and the democratic process.
When: Wednesdays 9am-11am
Join us for a free community lunch every first Tuesday of the month from 12 noon – 2pm
We have community gardening opportunities at both the Acacia Ridge Community Centre and The Social Space in Moorooka. These gardens belong to the community, and we always invite interest from people in the community who are eager to get their hands dirty! If you’re interested in getting involved, please contact our Community Development Worker at or 0421 124 408.
Who is it for?
Our community gardens are for anyone with an interest in gardening and meeting new, like-minded people!