Welcoming the involvement of volunteers.
We value you!
Volunteers are the essence of a vital and dynamic community and provide a unique role in building the community’s capacity and resilience.
This support is a huge factor in the success and delivery of many of Communify’s programs. In fact, we just couldn’t do without our wonderful volunteers who enhance and extend our service provision to clients and the community.
Volunteering is a very rewarding way to give something back to the community and to know you are making a difference.
Whether it is important to you to ‘give back’, get involved, gain experience or to develop as a person, volunteering offers many benefits in appreciation for the gift of your time and expertise.
- is a great way to make new friends and contacts
- creates opportunities for strengthening connections and forming closer ties within your community
- keeps you mentally and physically active
- will provide you with useful work experience and skills
- provides you with an opportunity to feel needed and valued
- gives you the chance to make a difference
- in someone’s life
- can be a way of exploring an area of interest
Communify offers a range of volunteering opportunities across a broad range of interest areas.
You may be interested in:
- working directly with clients assisting them with transport, shopping or providing companionship
- volunteering in our food relief pantry
- delivering meals on wheels
- English language coaching with our buddy program
- assisting with fundraising ventures
- sharing your skills through our community education program, on various committees or with specialised skills, ie. budgeting, handyman, desk top publishing, tax help.
We value the support of the community and local businesses. You can also offer support to Communify by:
- making a financial contribution
- supporting us with our fundraising ventures
- giving your time and expertise in organisational or project support
- making a bequest as part of your will
We value the involvement of students in our programs and we are committed to providing experiences that will support student learning. Please be aware that we have limited capacity to offer placements and we receive many more requests than we can offer.
Each course and each training organisation or university will have differing requirements for placements. If you are looking for a placement opportunity please do not register to volunteer through our website.
- the course you are studying
- the length of time or number of hours you are looking for
- the type of experience you are looking for
- any other information that might support your application including relevant experience, resume
We will consider placement requests as they arrive and we will contact you if we are able to offer a placement interview.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
In the meantime here are some existing positions we’d still like to find volunteers for.
Our Day Respite Centre is looking for a volunteer to help with the program on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays during school hours. You’ll be helping with our in centre program which might include gentle exercises, games and puzzles, creative activities or general discussions. You’ll also help with serving our morning tea and lunches. A lovely…Read More
We’re looking for a volunteer who will run our open house session on Thursdays from 10:30am – 1pm at 180 Jubilee Tce Bardon. Tasks will include setting up the hall, helping with tea, coffee and toasted sandwiches as well as chatting to our visitors and helping them navigate our programs and to feel welcomed and…Read More
We’re looking for people in the Moggill, Bellbowrie, Brookfield area who are able to drive someone who lives locally to medical appointments or to hospital for appointments. No regular commitment is necessary, you’ll just help out with an occassional trip to suit your availabilityRead More
Community drivers use our vehicles to help people get to medical appointments, exercise sessions or shopping. Our drivers provide a door to door service for people who otherwise find it difficult to get out. We’re looking for volunteers who will commit to a regular week day gig of between 4 and 6 hours. Choose your…Read More
Company Secretary (paid role) We’re looking for an experienced company secretary to provide governance and secretariat support to our Board, its executive committees and our CEO. This is a wonderful opportunity to provide skilled support to our Brisbane based organisation. You’ll attend board meetings that are held in the evening in Bardon, Brisbane as well…Read More
We’re seeking new members for our Board’s Communications Committee. The Board established four Committees under the pillars of its Strategic Plan. Communify’s Strategic Plan has a Vision for us to be an engaged, unified community leading change, coupled with our Mission – supporting the community on all sides by working creatively to meet needs…Read More
Finance Audit and Risk Board Committee: External Member Communify Queensland Ltd is seeking expressions of interest for an external member for the Board Finance Audit and Risk (FAR) Committee. The Board established four Committees under the pillars of our Strategic Plan and this Committee has main responsibility for the pillar –Sustainable: We will remain sustainable…Read More