Volunteering: An Overview
Communify welcomes and values the involvement and support of volunteers.
Volunteers are the essence of a vital and dynamic community and provide a unique role in building the community’s capacity and resilience.
This support is a huge factor in the success and delivery of many of Communify’s programs. In fact, we just couldn’t do without our wonderful volunteers who enhance and extend our service provision to clients and the community.
Volunteering is a very rewarding way to give something back to the community and to know you are making a difference.
Benefits of volunteering
Whether it is important to you to ‘give back’, get involved, gain experience or to develop as a person, volunteering offers many benefits in appreciation for the gift of your time and expertise.
- is a great way to make new friends and contacts
- creates opportunities for strengthening connections and forming closer ties within your community
- keeps you mentally and physically active
- will provide you with useful work experience and skills
- provides you with an opportunity to feel needed and valued
- gives you the chance to make a difference
- in someone’s life
- can be a way of exploring an area of interest
Opportunities for volunteering
Communify offers a range of volunteering opportunities across a broad range of interest areas.
You may be interested in:
- working directly with clients assisting them with transport, shopping or providing companionship
- volunteering in our food relief pantry
- delivering meals on wheels
- English language coaching with our buddy program
- assisting with fundraising ventures
- sharing your skills through our community education program, on various committees or with specialised skills, ie. budgeting, handyman, desk top publishing, tax help.