Become a Communify volunteer.
Build new friendships, gain valuable skills and experience, and give back to the community – Volunteer with Communify.
The support of volunteers is a huge factor in the success and delivery of many of Communify’s programs. In fact, we just couldn’t do without our wonderful volunteers who enhance and extend our service provision to clients and the community.
Volunteering is a very rewarding way to give something back to the community and to know you are making a difference.
“I volunteer because I appreciate my good fortune at being able to support others who often endure challenges I have never known.” – Rick, Communify Volunteer
But don’t just take our word for it – we recently asked our volunteers how they felt about their experience of volunteering with Communify. 95% of respondents stated that they feel both valued by Communify and prepared for their role, as well as receiving ongoing support.
Opportunities for Volunteering
Communify offers many volunteering opportunities across an array of interest areas. There really is something for everyone here – whether you’re creatively inclined, or keen to help out with fundraising, or even if you simply enjoy a chat, we can find the ideal volunteer role for you.
- work directly with clients assisting them with transport, shopping or providing companionship
- volunteer in our food relief pantry
- Deliver meals on wheels
- Provide English language coaching through our buddy program
- assist with fundraising ventures
- share your skills through our community education program, on various committees or with specialised skills, e.g. budgeting, handyman, desk top publishing, tax help.
Benefits of Volunteering
“I get great satisfaction from knowing that my regular efforts are valued and appreciated and that I can make a significant contribution to those in need.” – Paul, Communify Volunteer
Volunteering can be a life-changing experience on a personal level, and it can also open many doors to professional pathways.
Whether it is important to you to ‘give back’, get involved, gain experience or to develop as a person, volunteering offers many benefits in appreciation for the gift of your time and expertise.
- is a great way to make new friends and contacts
- creates opportunities for strengthening connections and forming closer ties within your community
- keeps you mentally and physically active
- will provide you with useful work experience and skills
- provides you with an opportunity to feel needed and valued
- gives you the chance to make a difference in someone’s life
- can be a way of exploring an area of interest
Agile COVID-19 Response
Keeping our volunteers, and our community at large, safe and healthy is paramount. Communify has a COVID-19 Safe Plan which is reviewed and updated when required as per Queensland Health COVID-19 Guidelines. We work with vulnerable people, which is why we carefully monitor and follow Queensland Health recommendations around COVID-safe work practices.
To get involved
There’s always something happening at Communify, and there are so many ways you can help us to help the community. To check out our volunteering opportunities, please register via the link below.
Alternatively, if you have questions about volunteering, or you have a specific community project in mind that you’d like to start, you can contact us on (07) 3510 2750 or email
We may not have a volunteer role for you straight away, but by registering your details, you’ll be notified as soon as a volunteer vacancy comes up.
As a not-for-profit organisation, Communify welcomes any support that the community and local businesses can provide, as every contribution helps us to continue providing essential services to those in need.
You can also offer support to Communify by:
- making a financial contribution · donating groceries and/or toiletries to The Pantry – even a small bag of items with long shelf life can make a huge difference
- supporting us with our fundraising ventures
- giving your time and expertise in organisational or project support
- making a bequest as part of your will
We value the involvement of students in our programs and we are committed to providing experiences that will support student learning. Please be aware that we have limited capacity to offer placements and we receive many more requests than we can offer.
Each course and each training organisation or university will have differing requirements for placements. If you are looking for a placement opportunity please do not register to volunteer through our website.
Please include in your email details including
- the course you are studying
- the length of time or number of hours you are looking for
- the type of experience you are looking for
- any other information that might support your application including relevant experience, resume
We will consider placement requests as they arrive and we will contact you if we are able to offer a placement interview.
For Communify, National Volunteer Week is a time to celebrate our volunteers and the myriad of ways they enrich our organisational culture and our work within the community. We are…Read More
Lifetime Contribution to Volunteering Award nominee Judith volunteers at New Farm Neighbourhood Centre on a weekly basis, to assist over 50 community members with accessing our facilities, providing free meals,…Read More