Welcoming the involvement of volunteers.
We value you!
Volunteers are the essence of a vital and dynamic community and provide a unique role in building the community’s capacity and resilience.
This support is a huge factor in the success and delivery of many of Communify’s programs. In fact, we just couldn’t do without our wonderful volunteers who enhance and extend our service provision to clients and the community.
Volunteering is a very rewarding way to give something back to the community and to know you are making a difference.
Whether it is important to you to ‘give back’, get involved, gain experience or to develop as a person, volunteering offers many benefits in appreciation for the gift of your time and expertise.
- is a great way to make new friends and contacts
- creates opportunities for strengthening connections and forming closer ties within your community
- keeps you mentally and physically active
- will provide you with useful work experience and skills
- provides you with an opportunity to feel needed and valued
- gives you the chance to make a difference
- in someone’s life
- can be a way of exploring an area of interest
Communify offers a range of volunteering opportunities across a broad range of interest areas.
You may be interested in:
- working directly with clients assisting them with transport, shopping or providing companionship
- volunteering in our food relief pantry
- delivering meals on wheels
- English language coaching with our buddy program
- assisting with fundraising ventures
- sharing your skills through our community education program, on various committees or with specialised skills, ie. budgeting, handyman, desk top publishing, tax help.
We value the support of the community and local businesses. You can also offer support to Communify by:
- making a financial contribution
- supporting us with our fundraising ventures
- giving your time and expertise in organisational or project support
- making a bequest as part of your will
We value the involvement of students in our programs and we are committed to providing experiences that will support student learning. Please be aware that we have limited capacity to offer placements and we receive many more requests than we can offer. Each course and each training organisation or university will have differing requirements for placements. If you are looking for a placement opportunity please do not register to volunteer through our website. To enquire about a student placement please send a detailed email to our Human Resources Manager, Louise at Please include in your email details including
- the course you are studying
- the length of time or number of hours you are looking for
- the type of experience you are looking for
- any other information that might support your application including relevant experience, resume
We will consider placement requests as they arrive and we will contact you if we are able to offer a placement interview.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
In the meantime here are some existing positions we’d still like to find volunteers for.
Would you like to join our busy team? We sure could use a hand for a few hours a week with data entry, filing and general administration and reception at either our Ashgrove office or our Fortitude Valley office. You’ll have good attention to detail and be accurate but there’s no need to be speedy…Read More
English language buddies help people with their English conversation practice, written language or even their academic work. You don’t need any particular qualifications for most of these roles but you do need to be gentle, patient and enjoy helping others. You’ll also be a native English speaker and broad Australian accents are welcome! Currently we’re…Read More