North West Brisbane Community Hub
Welcome to the North West Brisbane Community Hub.
North West Brisbane Community Hub is Communify’s longest-running neighbourhood centre, operating since 1993 in the days when Communify was originally known as the Red Hill/Paddington Community Centre.
Almost 30 years later, the Hub has become a thriving centre of activity that offers emergency relief, social support, and community groups and events.
The Hub provides access to fresh and long-life food, visual art activities, a music jam group and an all-abilities choir, and social connection through a men’s group.
Through our Emergency Relief service we provide assistance, support and referral to people in need and/or in crisis in Brisbane. The numerous events we run throughout the year enable us to support and connect with our local community.
People who live in the inner north and inner west of Brisbane who have a HealthCare Card or a Pension Card can come along to The Pantry at North West Brisbane Community Hub for free food items.
The Pantry is open every Monday morning from 11am-1pm. Please bring along your HealthCare or Pension Card when you visit.
The Pantry offers:
- Food vouchers
- Non-perishable food items
- Fruit and vegetables
Visitors to The Pantry can also use the onsite internet café. Morning tea is provided free of charge and is a good chance to catch up with others in the community. Counselling and referral are also available.
To be eligible for the Pantry, you must:
- be receiving a government pension or payment; and
- live in the local area (inner north and inner west of Brisbane).
- Full name
- Residential address
- Phone number
- A photo of their Current Health Care, or Pension Card
We will get back to you as soon as possible.
This is a free and confidential service funded by the Commonwealth and State Governments. Any financial donations or gifts of grocery items are always welcome.
North West Brisbane Community Hub provides financial assistance to community members in a number of ways:
- Emergency Relief: Covers 103 suburbs in Brisbane, please call 3198 4410 to check eligibility. Delivery guidelines apply and proof of address/ID required.
- No Interest Loans: We take loan applications for people who fall into the income eligibility to purchase items, support with car repairs or bond etc. of up to $2000. Paperwork and appointments required.
- Support and referral: We can inform you with information about budget saving tips and small personal grants to have a sustainable household budget.
- Tax Help
- Mon: Pantry Hours (11am-1pm for eligible clients)
- Tues: 11:30am-2:30pm
- Wed: 9am-5pm
- Thurs: 10am-1pm (during Open House)
- Fri: 9am-5pm
Our neighbourhood centre offers a variety of support services and points of connection in a safe space every Thursday from 11am-1pm, with a free GP also available from 10am-1pm every week on Thursday.
- Long-life pantry items
- Toasties, tea and coffee
- Emergency Relief/NILS
Other visiting external services are available at our Open House once a month on a rotating basis:
- 1st Thursday of every month – Free hearing checks with Hearing Australia
- 2nd Thursday of every month – Thread Together
- 3rd Thusday of every month – QSTARS: Tenant referral service for any renters seeking advice or support
- Last Thursday of the month – Hairdresser from 1:30pm-4pm.
Painting – Drawing – Collage – Writing – Ceramics
- Art materials provided – pick your own project
- Option to be a part of group exhibitions
- Safe, relaxed & inclusive space
- Refreshments supplied
Drop-in session, no booking necessary!
Where: North West Brisbane Community Hub, 180 Jubilee Tce, Bardon
Contact: Call 3198 4410 or email for more information!
Through grant funding from the Brisbane North PHN, we have a funded part-time worker who supports community members in the Inner-North West who are still affected by the recent floods and residents who are needing to prepare for any future flooding challenges.
Support can take the form of the following:
- Accessing relevant grant funding and insurance support
- Disaster preparation workshops/forums
- Emergency Relief/NILS
If you are in the inner-North West of Brisbane and are still affected by the floods, and you require support, please get in touch on 3198 4410.
Do you or someone you know love to sing?
We come together and sing every week as a group of people with differing abilities and a shared love of music.
Where: Uniting Hall, 2131 Gympie Rd, Bald Hills QLD 4036
When: Terms align with school terms
Time: Wednesdays 12.30pm – 2:30pm
Contact: Email Gillian on or call 3510 2700 for more information and to register!