Language classes and groups provided by Raizes Brasileiras, a Brazilian-Australian bilingual community assisting families in the lifelong journey of raising bilingual children in Australia.
- Where: Paddington Annexe and Paddington Play Centre – 10 Moreton Street, Paddington
- When: Saturdays (alternating in-person and face-to-face classes)
- Time: varied times based on age groups
- Cost: $110 – 140 per term (siblings receive 10% discount)
- Contact: 0420 630 906 or
- For more information, visit the website.
Raising bilingual children and maintaining their heritage language is a combined work between family, community and school (Moroni & Gomes, 2018). Raízes Brasileiras is a Brazilian community formed by cosmopolitan and bilingual families who live in Queensland, Australia.
Raízes Brasileiras organises cultural and educational experiences through Portuguese, offered by parents, educators, and professionals from the Brazilian community of Queensland. Face-to-face classes are combined with online classes, offering a class every week. Online classes aim to allow the inclusion of children from all parts of Queensland, and from Brazil.