Activating social experiences & events
We have an online venue booking system
For any urgent enquiries please email Pam, or call (07) 3510 2700.
If you already have a booking and you are looking to amend or cancel, please go to the amendment/cancellation page.
- You need to upload your $10 million public liability insurance certificate (under 2MB); also your ACNA if you are a Not For Profit
- If you would like to advertise on our What’s On page, you can upload your information here
- You can not create a booking via the system under 48 hours
- Bookings cancelled under 7 days incur a full hire fee
- Bookings cancelled or amended outside of 7 days incur a $10 administration fee.
- You may be required to update your access card. Please call our office for confirmation on 3510 2700
- Credit reimbursements can take up to 3 weeks. Please ensure you email through your bank account details to for payment
|Administration Fee: $25||One off administration and set up fee.|
$35.00 per hour
|For groups that hire our spaces as a one off or make random bookings throughout the year.|
$25.00 per hour
|For groups that hire our spaces five (5) times or more within one transaction.|
|Community & Not for Profit Hire:|
$15.00 per hour
|For groups that meet a need in the Community or can provide a certificate from the Australian Charities and Not for Profits Commission.|
|Training, Workshops, & Private Functions: $50.00 per hour||For all corporate and business training and workshops or private functions.|
|Amendments and Cancellations: $10||All amendments and cancellations seven (7) days prior to the booking incur a $10 fee. All amendments and cancellations within seven (7) days owe full booking fee.|
|GST||All hire rates include GST.|
Communify aims to strengthen the community’s capacity by supporting all services and programs that respond to the diverse needs and interests of people living in the inner city communities of Brisbane.
You are welcome to serve cold drinks, tea, coffee and food in all of our community spaces.
The ability to have a function with BYO or to sell alcohol is available at Woolloongabba Substation and SPACE at Kenmore ONLY; however conditions do apply. Please contact the Community Spaces team to discuss further.
All other venues are STRICTLY NO BYO alcohol. If you wish to have alcohol at our community spaces you are welcome to use a licensed caterer of your choice. If you have your own caterer providing a bar, their licence will need to be viewed before making your booking.
For catering services we recommend:
- Cuisine on Cue – We are renowned for our consistency in unsurpassed customer service and the attention to detail we bring to every event, regardless of the size, catering style or budget.
You must provide your own Public Liability Insurance to book a venue.
Public Liability Insurance protects the hirer against claims of personal injury or property damage that a third party suffers (or claims to have suffered) as a result of any business or personal activities at our community spaces.
As a hirer you must have public liability insurance for at least $10,000,000 whilst hiring a Communify Space. You must produce documentation of the insurance to Communify at the time of registration. If you fail or refuse to arrange Public Liability Insurance then Communify may immediately terminate your booking. You must ensure that your Public Liability Insurance is kept up to date and continue to send Communify updated renewals if you are a regular hirer.
The insurance must be under the name of the person or company booking the venue. If you are booking as part of an organisation , the insurance must be in the name of that organisation. If you are booking as an individual, the insurance must be in your name.
Please contact an insurance provider or broker to arrange your Public Liability Insurance &/or assist with any questions you have.
The following list provides web links for various insurance providers:
Communify does not supply any AV at our spaces. You are welcome to bring your own equipment however we can not offer any technical support.
If you would like to hire AV equipment while using our spaces we can recommend that you contact Queensland Hire
Queensland Hire has been servicing the hire industry since 1980, supplying a range of hire items including Marquees, Tables, Chairs, Linen, Catering Equipment & Installation of Display Walling.
We cater for all types of events including Exhibitions & Trade Shows, Weddings & Special events, Festivals & Outdoor Events, and Retail & Corporate Functions.
Please feel free to browse our website for a full overview of equipment, or contact
Communify works hard to provide clean and tidy venues for our hirers, especially under COVID-19 regulations.
Please read the list below and follow this guide when exiting a venue. Remember to allow time in your booking for final clean up.
- Tables and chairs stacked in the same position as found.
- All tables and benches wiped clean.
- All bins emptied into the Brisbane City Council bins outside the venues and reline with the bin liners at the bottom of the bin.
- Dishwasher turned on (if applicable).
- All dishes cleaned and put away.
- Clean venue floors, including mopping if needed.
- Check and wipe benches in toilets.
- Check toilets are left in a tidy state.
- All decorations removed.
- All equipment brought in to be removed from the premises.
- All cleaning chemicals must be taken off site, do not leave any chemicals on site.
- All windows and doors to be shut and locked.
- All lights, fans and air-conditioning turned off.
Bin liners, brooms, mop and bucket, dish cloths, dishwashing tablets and basic cleaning products are supplied.
If venues are left in an unacceptable manner a cleaning bill may be forwarded to you.
Thank you for your cooperation in looking after our venues.
To inspect our venues, email the team three preferences of a date and time that suits. Don’t forget to mention the venue you would like to inspect.
We will let you know if these times are available and organise entry instructions for you.
To check hall availability click here
To inspect most of our Communify spaces you will need an access card. This can be collected during our office hours (Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm) from 180 Jubilee Terrace, Bardon. A $25.00 deposit is required for the master swipe card which will be refunded on return of the card.
Please check the entry instructions for the venues on individual venue pages.
If the venues entry instruction mentions a PIN code you will receive this before your inspection.
We will inform the security company of the time and day of the inspection.
The Communify Venue Management Team is here to assist you and will do our best to ensure your experience in hiring a venue is a positive experience.
If your complaint is about another group hiring the venue you may email your complaint for us to investigate and action.