About the business and the role
Join the dynamic Communify team and provide a high standard of customer service to our community of venue hirers. The Venue Hire Administration Worker will assist the Venue Hire Coordinator to manage a great range of venues for hire to the Community, across a variety of city locations. The spaces range from small well-equipped conference or meeting rooms, to large airy halls. These are suitable for dance classes, yoga, training, martial arts, spiritual and religious, health and fitness, and more. The position of Venue Administrator is available.
This key role will suit a positive, creative thinker and self-starter with excellent organisational and time-management skills who wants to work family-friendly part time hours and contribute to an innovative, supportive community organisation.
Based in Bardon and Paddington offices, this role also involves getting out and about to all the different venues, across a variety of inner suburb of Brisbane city locations.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Accurate and timely turnaround of venue enquiries to the public and internal Communify staff
- Management of bookings and administration relating to the hire of the venue by community and private groups using Communify’s custom built booking system
- Supporting the public and internal Communify staff to ensure that their bookings and insurances are correct
- Management of venue supplies, so as to ensure that, via best value purchasing, relevant agreed budgets are not exceeded, and where possible, savings are made
- Comprehensive and accurate checks and updates of Workplace Health and Safety records, Hazardous and Dangerous Chemical records, and First Aid Kit orders
- Regular updates of venue noticeboards, swipe key security system updates, and maintenance requests when required
- Required internally and externally to deal with suppliers and co-ordinate with different groups to work together under Communify’s Mission statement
Skills and experience
- Excellent communication skills and an excellent manner with “customers” of all kinds, including colleagues, artistes, community groups, and visitors which is consistent with Communify’s Standards
- Literacy, numeracy and IT skills at levels appropriate for the successful performance of duties and responsibilities of the role
- Enthusiasm for Community involvement and constant improvement
- Open Queensland Drivers Licence
- Current Police Check and Blue Card or the ability to obtain one
We offer approx. $15,900 tax free salary component which means more in your take home pay. You will also benefit from ongoing professional development, a supportive working environment and great flexibility.
How to apply for this role: Please refer to the attached PD.