Springboard: Alcohol and other Drugs Program
Delivered from Spring Hill, Springboard is an eighteen-week day treatment program for people aged 18+ years who are experiencing difficulties with alcohol and other drugs, and co-occurring mental health problems.
The program comprises a six-week treatment group and additional individual and peer support for up to twelve weeks after completing group treatment.
- Where: Spring Hill
- When: The program runs three days per week (Tues, Wed and Thurs) from 9am to 3pm
- Commences: 2021 program bookings open now
- Cost: FREE
- Contact: 3308 4513 or email:
What’s on offer
Springboard is a group learning program that can be divided into the following sessions:
- ACT SKILLS teaches Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) based group, developed by Spectrum, Victoria. The program aims to build your resilience by changing how you relate to your own thoughts, feelings and experiences. With a strong focus on mindfulness skills and personal values, these sessions will support you to reduce suffering and move towards a rich full and meaningful life.
- Relapse Prevention groups are informed by existing evidence based programs and resources. These sessions focus on specific skills that will help you identify, avoid and navigate situations that may otherwise lead to problematic alcohol and other drug use.
- Physical health: Springboard includes twice weekly gym sessions with a personal trainer at Lang Park PCYC. Research indicates regular physical activity supports both physical and mental health. The program also contains three group sessions working with a dietitian and three introductory sessions with a qualified facilitator.
- Psycho-Social Development: These stand-alone sessions can help you improve other areas of your life such as getting a good night’s sleep, or building and maintaining healthier relationships with others as well as yourself.
- Recovery Planning sessions will help you to form a healthy routine and take action on the things that matter.
The Springboard Program is for adults (18+ years) who are in the Metro North or Metro South Hospital and Health Service (HHS) catchments who are currently or have recently engaged with public mental health and alcohol and other drug services. Some participants may have undertaken a supervised detox or be stabilised on an opiate replacement therapy program before commencing Springboard.
We understand there are many pathways to recovery so we welcome enquiries about eligibility and entry to the program.
For more information
Please contact: 3308 4513 |