Springboard Day Program is a 6 week part-time alcohol and other drug treatment program for people aged 18-25 years. The program runs 3 days per week (Tues, Wed, Thurs) from 9:30am to 2:30pm.
Springboard is a group learning program that can be divided into the following group sessions:
• Wise Choices is an Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) based group, developed by Spectrum, Victoria. The program aims to build your resilience by changing how you relate to your own thoughts, feelings and experiences. Wise choices teaches mindfulness skills and values based decision making so you can stay on track regardless of what life throws up.
• Relapse Prevention groups are informed by existing evidence based programs and resources. Relapse Prevention teaches specific skills to help you identify, avoid and navigate situations that may otherwise lead to problematic alcohol and/or other drug use.
• Physical health: Springboard also includes twice weekly gym sessions with a personal trainer at Lang Park PCYC. A lot of research points to the benefits of regular physical activity on both physical and mental health. The program also contains three group sessions working with a dietician.
• Psycho-Social Development: There’s a bunch of other stand-alone sessions that can help you improve other areas of your life such as getting a good night’s sleep, or building and maintaining healthier relationships with others as well as yourself.
• Goal Setting and Recovery Planning sessions will help you to structure your time and set realistic short-term goals to build meaningful routine and forming healthy habits.
Eligibility: Springboard program available to people aged 18-25 who reside in the Metro North Hospital and Health Service (MNHHS) catchment or receive services from MNHHS (this includes HADS, Hot House and other AOD services at Biala).
For more information, please contact:
• Jess Gillmore on T: (07) 3308 4513 | E:
• Or Daniel Baddiley on M: 0448 881 293 | E:
Download the program outline here
Download the referral form here