Engaging local people in local solutions
Working closely with communities in order to address a diverse range of place-based issues and opportunities. With the goal of fostering a caring and supportive environment, we operate multiple Neighbourhood Centres that serve as hubs for community engagement.
Our Neighbourhood Centres are designed to be responsive to the unique needs and interests of the communities they serve. We understand that every community has its own set of challenges and opportunities, and we are dedicated to providing tailored solutions that empower individuals and strengthen the collective fabric of the community.
81 Musk Avenue, Kelvin Grove QLD 4059
07 3175 9975
The opening hours of the Exchange vary depending on what program is running. Check out our events page to find out more.
For information on hiring the Exchange, click here.
If you have a question please fill out the form and we will reply as soon as possible.
967 Brunswick Street, New Farm Qld 4005
(07) 3358 5600
New Farm Neighbourhood Centre is open for drop in visits Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 9am to 1pm.
Neighbourhood Centres provide
- Learning opportunities: groups and classes that have a focus on forming community connections, enhancing well-being and resilience
- Social support and networking including the opportunity to link and form relationships, to volunteer and to be involved.
- Prevention: by relieving isolation, loneliness and boredom, and building the sense of trust, safety and belonging, the Neighbourhood Centre activities can reduce the need for expensive and intensive services.
- Sustainability: to enable sustainability of the local community’s wellbeing through addressing a range of needs
- Social justice: to address social justice issues through awareness raising, community education and social action
- Infrastructure: Neighbourhood Centres aim to be accessible, safe and welcoming for all community members.