Our Neighbourhood centres work with communities in response to a range of place-based issues and opportunities.
We work in ways that engage local people in local solutions that will build community capacity. You can find out about the activities that are on at our neighbourhood centres by visiting our what’s on page. You can also read more about the New Farm Neighbourhood Centre at www.newfarmneighbourhood.org
Neighbourhood Centres provide:
- Learning Opportunities: groups and classes that have a focus on forming community connections, enhancing well-being and resilience
- Social support and networking including the opportunity to link and form relationships, to volunteer and to be involved.
- Prevention: by relieving isolation, loneliness and boredom, and building the sense of trust, safety and belonging, the Neighbourhood Centre activities can reduce the need for expensive and intensive services.
- Sustainability: to enable sustainability of the local community’s wellbeing through addressing a range of needs
- Social Justice: to address social justice issues through awareness raising, community education and social action
- Infrastructure: Neighbourhood Centres aim to be accessible, safe and welcoming for all community members.
Jubilee Tce, Bardon
The Exchange, Kelvin Grove
New Farm Neighbourhood Centre
Please note: This venue will be closing for renovations in April, and re-opening in late 2019.