External organisations and helpful online resources.
Emergency Relief Resources
- Ask Izzy is an easily searchable, location-based directory for people who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless to find the services they need.
Emotional Support Services
- Group 61 – a friendship group for people with mental illness.
- Relationships Australia is a community-based, not-for-profit Australian organisation with no religious affiliations providing relationship support services for individuals, families and communities.
Community Transport Providers
- Brisbane City Council runs a taxi service offering regular and affordable transport to local shopping centres, servicing most Brisbane suburbs.
- St John offers community transport for eligible clients on the north of Brisbane.
- Burnie Brae has community transport available for eligible clients living in the inner north of Brisbane from Wavell Heights to Carseldine.
- Centacare provides community transport to eligible clients in the far northern suburbs of Brisbane and Pine Rivers Shire.
- TransitCare are a community transport provider for eligible clients on the south side of Brisbane.
- Star Community Services offers community transport to eligible clients in south Brisbane and around the Redland Bay area.
- Department of Human Service has details on the rebates available for childcare fees.
- Starting Blocks provides information about early childhood and childcare.
- Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) oversees the National Quailty Framework for Early Education and Care Services.
Other useful links
- Ethical Jobs is a job search website listing community jobs, environmental jobs, not-for-profit jobs and social enterprise jobs that contribute to a more equitable, more just or more sustainable world.
- Health Law Resources A LawRight website offering information and links to a range of resources you might need to help with health law issues.
- TIS National A translating and Interpreting Service. Help for non-English speaking people
- National Relay Service for people who have a hearing or speech impairment.
- Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders website.
- National Disability Abuse and Neglect Hotline. Phone 1800 880 052 | Website here
- Airtasker is a trusted platform that connects people who need to outsource tasks with people who are ready for work. You can earn money doing things in your local area like cleaning and gardening or remotely like copywriting, web development etc.
Over 65s Links and Information
For up to date information about aged care please see the following links for some useful Over 65s related references and websites.
- Communify’s CHSP Fact Sheet
- Live Your Best Life – A guide to Communify’s Aged Care Services brochure
- Homecare Today website
- My Aged Care Website
- Dept of Health – Aged Care
General information about the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) can be found here.
For more information about the NDIS:
- Visit www.ndis.gov.au
- Connect on Twitter @NDIS
- Subscribe to the Queensland NDIS eBulletin
- Download the flyer Preparing for the NDIS in Queensland
- Read seven Yarning Circle digital stories to hear from Queensland Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders with disability in their own words.
- Looking for NDIS info in other languages?
Contact the NDIS
- Phone 8am – 8pm Monday to Friday: 1800 800 110*
- For people with hearing or speech loss: TTY 1800 555 677*
- Speak and listen: 1800 555 727*
- For people who need help with English: TIS 131 450*
- Contact the NDIA in Queensland directly
*1800 calls from fixed lines are free. Calls from mobiles may be charged.