External organisations and helpful online resources.
Emergency Relief Resources
- Ask Izzy is a website that connects people in need with housing, a meal, money help, family violence support, counselling and much more.
Emotional Support Services
- Group 61 – is a volunteer organisation which enables fullness of life through friendship with people affected by mental health issues.
- Relationships Australia is a community-based, not-for-profit organisation with no religious affiliations who provide support to people living in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, those suffering from family violence, poor mental health, addictions, people who are socially excluded and those living in remote areas.
Community Transport Providers
- Brisbane City Council runs a taxi service (to eligible people) offering regular and affordable transport to local shopping centres, servicing most Brisbane suburbs.
- Burnie Brae has a transport service that accommodates people of all ages and needs, including disability access and mobility aids (such as wheeled walkers and wheelchairs).
- Centacare provides community transport to eligible clients in the far northern suburbs of Brisbane and Pine Rivers Shire.
- TransitCare are a community transport provider for eligible clients on the south side of Brisbane.
- Star Community Services offers community transport to eligible clients in south Brisbane and around the Redland Bay area.
- Department of Human Service has details on the rebates available for childcare fees.
- Starting Blocks provides information about early childhood and childcare.
- Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) oversees the National Quality Framework for Early Education and Care Services.
Other useful links
- Ethical Jobs is a job search website listing community jobs, environmental jobs, not-for-profit jobs and social enterprise jobs that contribute to a more equitable, more just or more sustainable world.
- Health Law Resources A LawRight website offering information and links to a range of resources you might need to help with health law issues.
- TIS National A translating and Interpreting Service. Help for non-English speaking people
- Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders website.
- National Disability Abuse and Neglect Hotline. Phone: 1800880052
- Airtasker is a trusted platform that connects people who need to outsource tasks with people who are ready for work. You can earn money doing things in your local area like cleaning and gardening or remotely like copywriting, web development etc.
Over 65s Links and Information
General information about the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) can be found:
- Visit www.ndis.gov.au
- Connect on Twitter @NDIS
- Subscribe to the Queensland NDIS eBulletin
- Looking for NDIS info in other languages?
Contact the NDIS
- Phone 8am – 8pm Monday to Friday: 1800 800 110*
- For people with hearing or speech loss: TTY 1800 555 677*
- Speak and listen: 1800 555 727*
- For people who need help with English: TIS 131 450*
- Contact the NDIA in Queensland directly:
*1800 calls from fixed lines are free. Calls from mobiles may be charged.