Links to external organisations and helpful online resources.
Emergency Relief Resources
- Ask Izzy is an easily searchable, location-based directory for people who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless to find the services they need.
Emotional Support Services
Community Transport Providers
- Brisbane City Council runs a taxi service offering regular and affordable transport to local shopping centres, servicing most Brisbane suburbs.
- St John offers community transport for eligible clients on the north of Brisbane.
- Burnie Brae has community transport available for eligible clients living in the inner north of Brisbane from Wavell Heights to Carseldine.
- Centacare provides community transport to eligible clients in the far northern suburbs of Brisbane and Pine Rivers Shire.
- TransitCare are a community transport provider for eligible clients on the south side of Brisbane.
- Star Community Services offers community transport to eligible clients in south Brisbane and around the Redland Bay area.
Other useful links
- Ethical Jobs is a job search website listing community jobs, environmental jobs, not-for-profit jobs and social enterprise jobs that contribute to a more equitable, more just or more sustainable world.
- Health Law Resources A LawRight website offering information and links to a range of resources you might need to help with health law issues.
- TIS National A translating and Interpreting Service. Help for non-English speaking people
- National Relay Service for people who have a hearing or speech impairment.
- Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders website.
- National Disability Abuse and Neglect Hotline. Phone 1800 880 052 | Website here
- Airtasker is a trusted platform that connects people who need to outsource tasks with people who are ready for work. You can earn money doing things in your local area like cleaning and gardening or remotely like copywriting, web development etc.