Volunteer, work with us, support our work
Whether you donate your time, skills, knowledge or money, your contribution will be valuable to us.
We offer many ways to become involved in what we do. Volunteering and financial donations not only help us, they help you connect with your community and become engaged in a meaningful way.
Together we can make a difference
Help us develop services and activities in response to the issues and opportunities that life can present. Donate here through Givenow.com.au
Employment with Communify Qld offers a challenging and meaningful career working with an innovative and enthusiastic team within a flexible framework.
We are an equal opportunity and family friendly workplace where we value our employees by offering opportunities for training and career development.
Communify Qld is committed to creating a diverse workplace environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age. People with young families are also encouraged to apply.
Communify offers a range of volunteering opportunities across a broad range of interest areas.
You may be interested in:
- working directly with clients assisting them with transport, shopping or providing companionship
- volunteering in our food relief pantry
- delivering meals on wheels
- English language coaching with our buddy program
- assisting with fundraising ventures
- sharing your skills through our community education program, on various committees or with specialised skills, ie. budgeting, handyman, desk top publishing, tax help.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
There are plenty of ways to get involved
- Hosting fundraising events – anything from a swish luncheon to a gold coin donation at Friday drinks
- Collecting donations for our food relief Pantry – as simple as a laundry basket in your staff kitchen to a whole school campaign
- Workplace giving programs
- Team volunteer projects
- Pro-bono professional services
You can directly help by joining the Patrons of New Farm
The Patrons of New Farm are a group of socially conscious individuals and businesses who are committed to lending a hand to the vulnerable people within our diverse community.
Use of Patrons’ Funds
Patrons’ funds are used on a case-by-case basis to pay for individuals’ specific and immediate needs through the New Farm Neighbourhood Centre (located opposite New Farm Park). This is done in a variety of ways such as:
- Assisting with one-off low cost rent shortfalls to prevent people losing their home and entering the cycle of homelessness
- Buying an essential item such as a fridge for homeless people moving into accommodation
- Funding emergency accommodation
“The Cart”, the socially inclusive coffee hub at the New Farm Neighbourhood Centre is a Patrons’ initiative provided with the generous support of Communify. The Cart provides a place for people from different walks of life in our community to mingle amidst fabulous Merlo coffee.
Become a Patron
- Your fully tax deductible donation of $1000 will directly support vulnerable people in your community
- Meet and network with interesting and like minded individuals and business people from your community at relaxed functions twice a year
- Your contribution will be acknowledged on our website and through our networks.
If you’d like to learn more about becoming a Patron of New Farm please contact Jenny Egan on 0407 296 815.
Patrons of New Farm thank Communify for its support and partnership with the Cart and other programs within the community.