Join our In Home Support Team
We’re looking for extraordinary people to work with us!
We provide a range of help to people who are; frail aged, living with a disability or needing support to maintain their caring role. Each home visit is different and the help we provide includes; domestic cleaning, grocery shopping, meal preparation, in home respite, help with personal care (showering, grooming), TED stocking application/removal and medication assistance.
- Love the variety and flexibility of our 7am–7pm, 7 days a week roster?
- Have a Certificate III in Aged Care, Home and Community Care, Disability or Individual Support? (or be ready to work towards a Cert III)
- Have a First Aid Certificate and be able to complete the medication module within your certificate III ?
- Love to be working in the community providing essential and friendly support to people in their own homes?
- Take pride in being reliable, caring and compassionate? Have your own car?
Communify Qld pays an above award hourly rate, a mileage allowance and has Employee Assistance programs. We care about the people we work with so we support a team that is passionate about positive client outcomes.
Together We Can Make a Difference.
To apply: email Suzanne Hansen at with your resume and cover letter outlining how you fit with the key skills, qualifications and experience. For enquiries phone Suzanne on 3366 7476.
Location: Communify Qld, Inner Northern Suburbs, Brisbane, Qld
- Generous casual rates, travel time and expenses paid
- Reliable rosters, ongoing services and regular clients
- Professional development opportunities
We are looking for people who:
- Are self-motivated with excellent communication skills
- Are passionate about working with people
- Thrive on providing exceptional support that is focused on supporting our clients to participate safely in everyday activities, and to remain living well and independently at home
- Are keen to deliver great customer service
About the Position
Our Home care Support team is highly respected and well established in the community providing both government funded and packed services throughout the northern suburbs of Brisbane.
We provide tailored assistance with ‘every day’ life, helping our clients live as independently as possible. This could involve:
- Assisting client with personal care: showering, dressing, grooming, toileting and continence care
- Providing domestic assistance: cooking, household cleaning, laundry and ironing tasks
- Social support: grocery shopping, socialising,
- Medication assistance and transport to access community and medical appointments
- Dementia and Respite Services
- For experienced and qualified carers, opportunities are also available providing complex care to clients which high level needs across Aged and Disability support.
To be successful in this role we require availability between Monday and Friday 6am to 8pm and there are options for weekend, overnight work.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Cert III or IV in Aged care, Home and Community care, Individual Support or Disability essential
- Previous experience in a similar role is desirable
- Own reliable vehicle with comprehensive insurance is essential
- Clean, Qld Drivers Licence
- Smart phone with internet access
- Commitment to undergo a criminal history check
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Physically capable of meeting the requirements of the role
- Completion of “Assist with Medication” unit (or willingness to obtain)
- Evidence of eligibility and right to work in Australia
- The capacity to work flexible hours on a roster system (incl. weekends, late nights, overnight and early mornings)
What we offer you
- Casual employment contract and above award rates
- Regular clients and ongoing services
- Access to professional development
- The opportunity to work for a highly respected community based organisation who values their employee’s professional contribution and personal well-being