Security, safety at home and home maintenance
Home Assist Secure offers practical help, information and referral services for home maintenance, falls prevention, minor modifications and home security.
We can link you to skilled and screened tradespeople who will provide you with quotes for any work you may require. The information we offer can give you the confidence to arrange essential work around the home.
Home Assist can also offer subsidised installation of specialist adaptive technology, ramps, handrails, kitchen and bathroom alterations, basic home maintenance as well as home safety and security work.
Our service can also arrange an occupational therapist to visit you at home for an assessment of your needs and to make recommendations about any changes to improve the safety and comfort of your home.
- Subsidised assistance – Assists people who are unable to obtain alternative assistance with minor home maintenance, repairs, and minor modifications and security, which relate to their personal health, safety and personal security.
Are you eligible for Home Assist Secure?
To be eligible for free information you must be a homeowner or live in rented housing and be:
- Receiving Commonwealth Government pension or benefit:
- 60 years of age or over; or
- of any age with a disability
- Unable to access other assistance such as
- Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP)
- Queensland Community Care (QCC)
- Veterans Affairs
Types of services allowed under this funding are:
- Handyperson work – small jobs, repairs and maintenance which only require a handyperson
- Qualified trades – repairs and maintenance, performed by licenced contractors
- Minor modifications – are completed by both field officers, volunteers or contractors
- Grab rails
- Tap and shower sets
- Ramps and other mobility devices
- Installation of emergency alarms and other safety aids such as key safes
- Smoke alarms – installing, changing batteries (note: testing is not covered)
- Security – ensuring doors and windows lock correctly, installing sensor lights, installing (but not purchasing) cameras and other security equipment
The benefits of Home Assist Secure
Home Assist Secure will help you to:
- Make more informed decisions about home maintenance, repairs, modifications and security
- Feel safer living at home
- Have easier access to, and within your home
- Increase your confidence about employing tradespeople; and
- Incorporate home security routines into your daily activities
Get in touch
To find out if you are eligible for this program or for information about any costs that may be involved call Communify Home Assist Secure: 3366 3066 or email or visit Queensland Government website here.
This program is funded by the State Government’s Department of Communities, Housing and Digital Economy.