- This event has passed.
The Essentials of Supporting People Through a Disaster
When: Monday 19 June, 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Where: North West Brisbane Community Hub, 180 Jubilee Terrace, Bardon
We invite you to attend this professional development event for those working with vulnerable community groups who are at risk of future flooding or disaster events.
This forum will focus on building the capacity of local organisations and services to support community members to prepare for and respond to a disaster.
A diverse panel including the disaster resilience team from Brisbane City Council will provide insights on various aspects of disaster preparation and management:
- Location of safety disaster hubs
- How to access support during a disaster
- How to communicate with Council during an emergency
- How to support people in a heightened state during a disaster
- Useful resources to have in a disaster
- Factors to consider when supporting a person with a disability to prepare for disasters.
North West Brisbane Community Hub, 180 Jubilee Tce, Bardon
Street parking available
RSVP by Friday 16th June to or call 3198 4410