- This event has passed.
Homeless Connect 2023
When: Tuesday 3 October, 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Where: Brisbane Showgrounds, corner of Alexandria Street and Gregory Terrace,
Homeless Connect is a one-day event which provides free services to people experiencing homelessness, or those at risk of homelessness.
The project has helped more than 20,750 people and is part of Brisbane City Council’s commitment to improve quality of life for all residents.
This event, organised by Council and supported by volunteers, relies heavily on donations from schools, businesses and residents of Brisbane.
Homeless Connect events provide the following free services to some of our most vulnerable residents:
- access to medical and allied health care professionals, including doctors, dentists, optometrists, podiatrists, audiologists and massage therapists
- haircuts by barbers and hairdressers
- support for housing, employment and community services
- immunisation services delivered by Council’s immunisation team
- personal grooming items such as toothbrushes, toothpaste, shampoo and deodorant
- clothing, including shoes
- non-perishable food items
- breakfast, lunch and live entertainment.
FREE return bus service from New Farm Neighbourhood Centre from 8am-2:15pm