Regular, subsidised assistance with your housework.
We recognise that everyone is different, so Communify’s In-home Support workers will work with you to decide what your priorities are and which areas you need help with.
Once assessed by My Aged Care, we will arrange to come to your home for regular, subsidised assistance with your housework.
Our aim is to support you to live independently in the community and to assist you to maintain your home.
It’s important for your independence to get the assistance you need with the things that can be difficult to manage alone as you get older. Communify’s Domestic Service is tailored to suit your needs.
Some tasks are not safe for us to do or are we are not funded to provide through our service. We ask that you respect that our service can’t meet all your household needs.
- You (as a client, or a carer) will need to first ring My Aged Care, on 1800 200 422.
- They will organise an assessment
- Once the assessment is complete, they will supply you with a MAC identification code.
- Then, you can contact us on (07) 3366 7476 or , and let us know the code.
- Once we have this code, we can organise your services with us.
Types of services under CHSP Funding
- Personal care – showers, hygiene assistance, medication assistance
- Domestic support – basic household cleaning
- Individual social support – taking clients shopping or appointments, and staying with them
- Transport – to and from medical and hospital appointment
- Flexible respite – in home (must have a carer)
- Maintenance – in the home
- Modifications – in the home, including
- Handyperson work (small jobs)
- Qualified trades
- Minor modifications
- Grab rails
- Tap and shower sets
- Hand rails
- Ramps and other mobility devices
- Installation of emergency alarms and other safety aids
- Smoke alarms – installing and changing batteries (note: testing is not covered)
- Security – ensuring doors and windows lock correctly, installing sensor light, installing (but not purchasing) security equipment such as cameras.
For more information:
You can contact In-Home Support on (07) 3366 7476, or email
If you need help with some of the things listed or if your home needs modifications to make it safer for you, our Home Assist Secure service may be able to help you.